Handy Scoopers Fine Motor Tools
Out of stock
What are Fine Motor Skills
Fine motor skills are the coordination of small muscle movements which usually occur in coordination with the eyes. In application to motor skills of hands (and fingers) the term dexterity is commonly used.
The abilities which involve the use of hands develop over time, starting with primitive gestures such as grabbing at objects to more precise activities that involve precise eye–hand coordination. Fine motor skills are skills that involve a refined use of the small muscles controlling the hand, fingers, and thumb. The development of these skills allows one to be able to complete tasks such as writing, drawing, and buttoning.
Sometimes children need some assistance when developing their fine motor skills. This requires one to find strategies to assist children with their development.Manipulative materials such as the Helping Hands Tool Set is perfect for this! Toys that require a child to manipulate it with his fingers and hands can be categorized as a manipulative. Manipulatives involve coordinating the eye to what the hands are needed to do. They stimulate fine motor development because they require controlled use of hand and finger muscles.
Fine Motor Handy scoopers
Scoop up fine motor skills!
- Handy Scoopers are ideal for developing hand strength and fine motor skills
- Holes in the scoops allow for catch-and-release fun at water tables
- Each handy scooper features translucent scoops and easy-grip handles
- Includes the following attractive colour combinations: Purple, Green & Blue, Blue, Orange & Purple, Green, Purple & Orange and Orange, Blue & Green
- Each scooper measures 15cm L
- Includes a handy storage bucket
Set of 4 colourful scoopers perfect for little hands to grasp and play