Settlers of Catan
Out of stock
Settlers of Catan is a multi player board game in which the players contend to efficiently colonize a new land called the island of Catan. Every game requires about one hour to play. It can be played by anybody of age 10 or more.
It’s a wonderful game for board game lovers as the game is an ideal mixture of strategy and chance. The rules are pretty easy and fast to learn.
Additionally, there are a couple of important expansions (Seafarers of Catan, Cities and Knights and Traders and barbarians) which include each extra units and rules. There are also expansions to which allow you to play with 5 to 6 players at the same time.
- The island of Catan consists of 19 terrain hexes. The goal is to settle the island and expand your territory to become the largest player.
- There are 5 productive terrain types and one desert which don’t produce anything.
- A player starts the game with 2 settlements and 2 roads. Each settlement is worth 1 victory point. The first player to acquire 10 victory points wins the game.
- To gain more victory points, a player can build new roads and settlements or upgrade them into cities.
- Each turn, a dice roll determines which terrain hexes produce resources. These resources are needed to build or to upgrade.
- Only if you own a settlement or city bordering the terrain hex, you will collect the resources.
- Therefore, settlements or cities can harvest from 2-3 terrain types.
- You can trade with other players if you can not harvest all different resources. This is specially needed at the start of the game.
- Only on unoccupied intersections can new settlements being build if you have a road leading to that place.
- Consider carefully where you build your settlements.
- 19 terrain hexes (tiles)
- 6 sea frame pieces
- 9 harbor piece
- 18 circular number tokens (chits)
- 95 Resource Cards (bearing the symbols for the ore, grain, lumber, wool, and brick resources)
- 25 Development Cards (14 Knight/Soldier Cards, 6 Progress Cards, 5 Victory Point Cards)
- 4 Building Costs Cards
- 2 Special Cards: “Longest Road” & “Largest Army”
- 16 cities (4 of each colour shaped like churches)
- 20 settlements (5 of each colour shaped like houses)
- 60 roads (15 of each color shaped like bars)
- 2 dice (1 yellow, 1 red)
- 1 robber
- 1 Game Rules & Almanac booklet